Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tinker Bell scrapbook page...

This is a Tinker Bell scrapbook page that I created as a surprise for a friend whose daughter had a Tinker Bell themed party a while back. 
I cut the Tinker Bell at 8"...it was a pain in the rear do get the eyes and lips cut.  I tried I think at least 6 times...
If anyone has any times on the settings I should use for really small items PLEASE let me know...

The word "Beautiful" was also cut from the Tinker Bell cartridge.
I used a Martha Stewart punch on the bottom of the black card stock
I used Vanilla Ice Smooch Spritz on the black card stock and "Beautiful"
the printed paper is from an American Girl stack
the the Glitter paper is from a DCWV 8x8 Gitter stack

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathe!
    I also cut a "Tink", but she was NO 8"! I think I did it at 2". Can you imagine how small her face was then? I needed her for the cover of an explosion box, so she HAD to be small. I wound up w/2 teeny, tiny dots & dashes & had NO IDEA what they were even for...I later realized the dashes were her shoes & the dots were the little puffs on them! I used the shoes, believe it or not, but for the "puffs" I used stickles! Luckily the black base I used made it look like she eyes & I used the tiniest dot of a red super fine marker (.005) for her mouth. I'll post a pic of it on my blog, if you want to see it. Wish I could help w/settings for small stuff, but I haven't found a solution other than "Don't sweat the small stuff" & just use something else!
    Hugs from R.I.,
    Lau
    http://bunniescraps.blogspot.com/
    PS. Your Tink came out A+++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout!! I found you through Patches of Pink linkin party. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete