Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthday card for a special friend...

I made this card for a special friend.  Her birthday was in September but I just recently found out that her birthday is forgotten a lot so I thought that I would make her feel special and I made her a very belated birthday card to make her feel special!   :-)

recipe:
  • card is 6 1/2 x 5
  • animal print paper cut at 1/4 " less
    • found paper at Michaels in a sale bin (there were 5 different prints and fun colors)
  • cupcake from Doodlecharms pg. 49
  • used gold stickles for the flame of the candle
  • popped up the cupcake with pop dots
  • black ribbon found at Michaels in their Valentine's ribbon
  • cupcake brads found at Michaels
  • I think the ball ribbon was found at Micheals but I am not sure
    • I have had it for a long time and this was the first time I used it
  • I used Hotfix Crystals in black and hot pink for bling on the cupcake
  • "make a wish" stamp from stampset from Michaels

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the bling and the color combos/patterns! Thanks for coming to visit me and becoming a follower :) Hopefully we can become crafty buddies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely YUMMY! I love love love that tiny pink pom pom trim! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya thanks for joining my blog - im now a follower on your too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. i have doodlecharms cart so i must dig it out and see what cupcakes i can come up with as love making them as much as i do eating them!!

    ReplyDelete